Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Can a father give away custody rights?

Can a father give up all rights to an

unborn child, If he chooses not to be a part of its life?? Could he just give the mother full and all

custody rights to the child?? If so

woudl that right still stand if 5 years down the road he changes his mind??

Asked on 6/26/07, 3:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Can a father give away custody rights?

I am afraid that a termination of parental rights is not possible in most cases without consent of the both parents. It is cetrtainly not opossible before a child is born.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/07, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now