Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Minnesota

i'm currently living in a private owned rental house, where I live with my boyfriend on the mail floor of the rented house, we have neighbors upstairs that complain that we fight or talk unfourtanly the landlord didn't put anything between the walls for privacy and whenever we fight or talk to eatch other the neightbors complain.. but whenever they stomp their feet or fight he tends to go "they were are my best clients they pay more then you i don't want to loose them just because of this" well then why not put some privacy between the walls? then he don't do anything when we complain about the neighbors he says their his best renters, i feel like i'm being played with favoritism what do i do?

David Anderson Mahoney Anderson LLC

If you are disturging the quiet peace and enjoyment of other tenants, you may

be in violation of your lease and MN law, and could be evicted.

The landlord does not have to accept loud and disruptive behavior, esp. if other tenants are complaining. If you can't occupy someone else's private property without noise and commotion, you should look into buying your own house.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Minnesota

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms