Minnesota  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/20/13, 12:13 pm

Our neighbor sold her property next to ours and she had a road approach (driveway)that we have been sharing for the last 15 years. The new property owners want to take the approach out which leaves us with no access to our property. We could hire someone and have another approach put in but don't want to pay to have it done. The current approach is only 20 feet from our property line and it's really silly to install an approach when the current one is that close. We live in central Minnesota and this approach is on a tarred township road. Does the Easement By Necessity rule work in this situation? The current approach is the only way we can drive a vehicle on our property.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search