Legal Question in Traffic Law in Minnesota

Can a citation for school bus stop arm violation be dismissed for recording the incorrect date and time of alleged offence on the citation? I have a court date today for this citation. I cannot afford an attorney. I didn't break any Mn. law having to do with school bus stop arm violation. My plan is to bring proof of income and ask for a court appointed attorney. There are more details and history of police stops without being ticketed. I have never been charged with a traffic violation. Unsure if asking to speak to the DA, or judge before the court appearance time is an option? Or a good idea without an attorney? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Landon Ascheman Ascheman & Smith, LLC

This would be a petty misdemeanor offense, and you would not be allowed to have a public defender because of that. The best thing to do is hire an attorney. The second best option would be to speak to the prosecutor and see if you can get the case resolved/dismissed.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Minnesota