Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

I am the personal representative for my mother's estate. Her home is currently for sale and furniture has been left for "staging" purposes as well as some of my personal property for the same reasons. My sibling removed a set of keys to the property without asking. I believe I am responsible for the keys and the fob which opens her secure building and is owned by the senior cooperative where she lived. Do I have the right to request their return? Also, managing her estate is very time consuming and involves some minor expenses. While I am handling this because it was my mother's request, is it possible to be compensated for this?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I am sorry for the loss of your mother. This website provides general information and general principles of law, not the detailed legal counsel and legal advice of which you are in need. I urge you to seek private attorney counsel at this time. The attorney will provide you with a legal opinion to your queries. It appears that you have some conflict with a sibling, so that can be addressed. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota