Mississippi  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/05/13, 7:36 pm

I have a friend in a certain situation,

Her father is really mean to her, and doesn't really want her in his house, I am not exaggerating, when I say that every night he makes her cry every night.

Recently he told her that noone loved her.

Now on to the legal aspect of this, I do not believe that the father has legal custody of her as when she was born the mother was married to another man, and the father was sleeping around. And on the birth certificate I believe that the mother's husband is the other legal guardian.

She wishes to move out and move in with her aunt who is willing to take custody of her.

Her mother is in jail, and her husband has essentially disowned her when he found out he wasn't the father.

I do not believe the biological father ever went to court to take custody of her.

As I said I do not believe that he has custody of her, and she wishes to move in with her aunt as this is extremely emotionally taxing on her. Please advise the legal side of this.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search