Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/05/13, 8:54 am

I have a child going into kindergarten next year and the public school district I live in is not very good so I am wanting to put him in a private school. His father (whom I was never married to) is telling me he does not want him in a private school. We have joint legal custoday and I have primary physical custody. I am not asking him to pay for the school. I am willing to pay for it myself. Do I have to go back before a judge in order for me to put him in private school?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/15/13, 9:03 pm by Timothy Matusheski

It depends on what the order says about the father's rights to object to the child's school, or any other issue pertaining to the child. Usually, however, a joint legal custodian father does not have the right to pick the child's school.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski 708 Horton St New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search