Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/14/13, 8:03 am

I pay court ordered support to my 5 year old, but I have had her since march 2013. The mother is still getting $400 plus per month from me but have done absolutely nothing for the child with the money

I am doing everything for the child myself. What can I do

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/06/13, 6:01 am by Albert Pettigrew

A child support order can only be modified by a court and it cannot undo child support owed prior to the filing of a motion for modification. However, it may be able to fashion some sort of other equitable relief for the parent who is actually supporting the child. On the other hand, the court will not help one who unreasonably delays seeking its help.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736 401 Inverness Ct. Ocean Springs, MS 39564

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search