Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Simple question. My child is 14, DNA test done years ago. She has my last name, but now would like her father's. He is on birth certificate. I can't spend a lot of money. Is this an easy fix legally since I have everything proven?

Asked on 2/24/13, 7:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is not difficult to get a name change. Perhaps you could go to chancery court clerk. Ask if they have a form for name change petitions. If not ask if there is a staff attorney or law clerk who helps litigants without attorneys.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now