Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

How do I get pro bono application for a family member in Kansas City Mo. I believe he lives in Clay county. I've tried 816-421-8020 and they said to call 816-474-6750. The second place I called said they are not doing bankruptcy work now. They do not have an application for me at this time, and I am to call them when I am being sued or foreclosed on.Any suggestions or ideas?

Alicia Beeler Villines Alicia Beeler Villines (sole practitioner)

Sorry, these are the only two numbers that I have. So I think you've pretty well covered the bases. Many bankruptcy attorneys will accept payments, and this may be your best bet. At one time the UMKC law school had a program that gave senior students opportunities to work on pro bono cases with an experienced attorney supervising, but I do not know if this program still exists or if it does, what types of services are offered. Did you check the Missouri Bar website?

There is a continuing need for attorneys to donate their time to those who are truly unable to afford legal services, and the subject has been a source of continuing debate. The pool of potential nonpaying clients far outstrips the supply of attorneys. I myself almost always have one pro bono client, but one is pretty much my limit.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms