Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Missouri

How do I get pro bono application for a family member in Kansas City Mo. I believe he lives in Clay county. I've tried 816-421-8020 and they said to call 816-474-6750. The second place I called said they are not doing bankruptcy work now. They do not have an application for me at this time, and I am to call them when I am being sued or foreclosed on.Any suggestions or ideas?

Asked on 6/17/10, 11:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alicia Beeler Villines Alicia Beeler Villines (sole practitioner)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sorry, these are the only two numbers that I have. So I think you've pretty well covered the bases. Many bankruptcy attorneys will accept payments, and this may be your best bet. At one time the UMKC law school had a program that gave senior students opportunities to work on pro bono cases with an experienced attorney supervising, but I do not know if this program still exists or if it does, what types of services are offered. Did you check the Missouri Bar website?

There is a continuing need for attorneys to donate their time to those who are truly unable to afford legal services, and the subject has been a source of continuing debate. The pool of potential nonpaying clients far outstrips the supply of attorneys. I myself almost always have one pro bono client, but one is pretty much my limit.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/10, 1:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now