Legal Question in Business Law in Missouri

Money erroneously deposited by agent

I left employment in china with my company still owing me money. I received a deposit in my account from an agency my company had used to transfer money to me in the past. The agency is now saying that I have to repay them because the money my company sent them was ''really'' for another employee of the agency. Since the money was from my former employer who owes me, is this a matter between the agency or between me and my former employer?

Asked on 8/20/07, 4:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Charles Ciarochi Ciarochi and Associates, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Money erroneously deposited by agent

In general, no one should keep money or property that they know that they are not entitled to.

Inasmuch as your company has always used the third party payer to pay you, I would write a letter to employer and reconcile the amount you claim that you are owed verses they payment. I would then offer to return any excessive sums to the principal company and/or make sure that the principal company knows so that it does not pay you twice.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/07, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now