Legal Question in Consumer Law in Missouri

Hired attorney to take care of a suit. She did not show up for court. There is now a judgement against me. What do I do now?

Asked on 1/16/12, 6:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Get a better lawyer to set aside the judgment, if possible. Then, assuming you paid this attorney and they did not appear, you should demand the attorney refund the retainer and give you their malpractice coverage information. You may also file a complaint with the State Bar, which requires attorneys to represent clients with diligence.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sean Santoro

Licensed in MO and KS

Read more
Answered on 1/18/12, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now