Legal Question in DUI Law in Missouri

I have no previous charges and nothing before this but a speeding ticket (fixed) and a stop sign violation. 3 months ago I was in an accident with another vehicle while I was intoxicated (.35 BAC, although my BAC was taken after they gave me IV fluids, artificially inflating it). No one was very injured except me; I nearly died, my passenger was fine, and the other person I hit was released from the ER only a few hours after arrival. It has been 3 months and I have not been charged, arrested, or contacted by the state or any member of law enforcement. I don't want to kick a dog, but I am wondering why nothing has happened yet. Also, what will show up on a background check?

James Manning James Manning, PC

A good place to start would be to check your record and the casenet. This can all be done on-line. Sometimes it does take a few months for charges to be filed, especially where there is an accident involved. The prosecutor might be waiting to ascertain the extent of injuries before deciding on what to charge you with. I can help you look into this if you would like.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Missouri