Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Missouri

I have an online show and want to use music on it. I've made up contracts for the adult performers to sign, granting me permission, but what do I do to use music that has been written/performed by a minor?

Asked on 7/11/13, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Burdick Burdick Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

For performance rights you would use one of the Performing Rights Organizations (PROs) like ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, or SoundExchange. The rights will normally be owned or managed by the publisher. You can usually locate the publisher through the ACE database of ASCAP

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now