Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/10, 11:41 pm

I have 3 children by the same man, ages 16,14 and 12 up until 1999 he paid me money here and there so i didn't stress out about getting a court order (I know real bad choice there) He disappeared for about 8 months in 2000 and I called his sister and it turned out he was in California, I live in Missouri and have been trying to get child support ever since. I have not received a dime since 1999. The state has been trying to get him into court, but he lives with a girlfriend there and the state has not been able to track him down through the united states postal service to get him into court it seems he has never got mail there. Im sure he planned this all. I was never married to him, and paternity was never established because my first 2 children were born when establishing paternity was a new thing, but he did sign the 2 oldest birth certificates. Should i move out to California for a month or 2 just to get child support established? Am i entitled to back pay?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search