Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/11/13, 11:13 pm

What steps need to happen to adopt? My sister and brother inlaw left their 4 children with me in Kentucky 6 years ago. I moved to Missouri this past fall with the girls. I do not have custody of the girls. The only thing I have been made is power of attorney for the girls to make medical and school decisions. My sister and her husband live in Idaho. If they agree to terminate their rights which state would the adoption take place in. Would I need to do anything such as a home study since I have had the girls for so long already? How long would this take?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search