Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Missouri

medical records question

I am considering to pursue a malpractice claim in Missouri (dr left something inside me in my appendectomy years ago which we just found). What medical records need to be released? All of them or just the ones pertaining to the pelvic pain over the last 9 years?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: medical records question

Obviously, the medical records pertainig to the surgery you are complaining about will be crucial. Also, any medical records pertaining to how the item left in you was discovered. All medical records involving any medical damages you suffered as a result will be needed to show damages. Defense counsel may request all medical records post initial surgery to determine whether there was some other cause of your complaint. I would certainly hope that you are not considering looking into this yourself other than to consult with an attorney. The attorney will obtain the records and also obtain a professional review and opinion whether there was any professional negligence. If the value of your damages justify the expense of proceeding, it would seem that you have a good case.

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Missouri