Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

I have a quit claim deed on my brothers property...I want to leave his property in his name until he dies.

Is there a time limit on filing this deed?

Asked on 4/15/10, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have a problem if you wait until he dies to record the deed. I would suggest a better way to accomplish your goal would be for your brother to execute a Beneficiary Deed naming you to take the property upon his death.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/10, 9:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now