Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Missouri

a deceased neighbor

passed an told sister to offer his house first or give us the house we are not sure . should we contact a lawyer. a sister is saying its her daughters.

Asked on 5/19/07, 3:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: a deceased neighbor

Your question is dificult to answer, because your statement of the facts is so confusing. Are you stating that your neighbor told his sister to sell his house to you, if she did not want it when he died?

Missouri has specific guidelines as to whom property passes when soemone dies intestate (without a vaild will). If you neighbor was intestate, no one gets the hosue without a probate estate or action in substitution.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 5/20/07, 5:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now