Legal Question in Military Law in Nebraska

BCD upgrade so I may reenlist

I went AWOL from the marine corps during school of infantry because my single mother broke her feet and could not take care of my little brother without help. I was to scared to return to the USMC after leaving and was picked up by law enforcement and recieved a BCD. I want to re-enlist in some branch of the military. I have since been a cop for 5 years. THis happened 7 years ago.

Asked on 1/02/09, 12:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip D. Cave Military Law & Justice
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: BCD upgrade so I may reenlist

The Navy-Marine Corps Discharge Review Board would be the option -- I'm assuming a Special Court-Martial.

NMDRB is notoriously hard to get upgrades from.

You may have some factors that would be helpful.

I'm surprised you got into the Academy with a court-martial conviction, even though for UA.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/09, 12:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Military Law questions and answers in Nebraska

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now