Nebraska  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/21/11, 8:02 am

Father dies and will is read. Father had a girlfriend and will states she can live in his house until her death, then upon her death house will be sold and divided 1/2 to me and 1/2 to her 3 children. Arizona Title to house was written Ben OR Carol.. Arizona title laws state Carol can title the house only in her name. Carol is now stating she owns all my fathers house and when she dies the house is all her children. I do not think a judge will rule for the title to have my name on it or rule I will get 1/2 of the money when the house is sold upon Carol death regardless of what fathers will states. So to try and capture my rightful 1/2 of money I have lost, could I file a suit against the lawyer who wrote the will for failure to check how the house was titled? I have the lawyers notes and in his own hand writing and he didn't check or look at the house title when he wrote the will. I would think a lawyer would make sure the title would checked so there would be nothing to alter fathers last will request or cause probate. Can anyone help me or advise me any information before seeking a lawyer on this issue please.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search