Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Nevada

My landlord has billed me $995 for "repairs" he claimed were made to my apartment after i vacated. i verified he never did the repairs, but he withheld my security deposits and billed me the difference. how do i fight him?

Asked on 12/22/12, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Iarussi Advanced Litigation Services, Inc.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to file a complaint against him for the retuun of the security deposit. At the time of trial you would present pictures and testimony showing you left the apartment in good condition, He would need to show he actually made the repairs and receipts for what he paid, and pictures of what he repaired

Read more
Answered on 1/21/13, 12:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now