Nevada  |  Real Estate Law

I own a Condo. The HOA wants to make all parking other than your garage (1 car) and driveway (1 car) for visitors only. I have a 3 bedroom condo and 3 cars. This will mean one car will have to be parked off property away from the complex. When I bought my condo I was never told that I could only have 2 cars nor was it stated that the comon area parking was only for visitors. I use my garage, my driveway and one comon area parking space. If this passes I will have to either move or get rid of one of my cars. With a 3 bedroom unit I could have more than 2 drivers and 2 cars living here. My question is can they legally make this change to existing property owners being as we were never told that we could not use the additional parking spaces when we purchased the property?

Answered on: 9/12/13, 3:20 pm by Paul Malikowski

In Nevada, the condo CC&Rs;(Covenants, Conditions, and restrictions) are contained in a recorded documents affecting all units in the development. Nevada real estate law requires that theses CC&Rs;be delivered to the buyer as a condition of close of escrow. Your attorney can explain further.

Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd. Post Office Box 9030 Reno, NV 89507-9030

Answered on: 9/12/13, 4:07 pm by James Smith

The HOA can change the covenants, conditions and restrictions at properly notice homeowner's meeting where a quorum is present of directors elected by the homeowners. Parking can be changed.

James E. Smith Ltd. 7251 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 300 Las Vegas, NV 89128