New Hampshire  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/09/13, 4:48 pm

I was trying to sell a used cheap car that I took half the payment from the person and it's been 3 weeks and the person has not returned with the remaining balance they owe to pick up the car now on the paper the cars info with vin is on and says I took half payment and car stays with me till remaining balance is payed now it wasn't worded as a bill of sale nor does it say the money is a deposit nor does it say it can be refunded or a specific date but verbally I told person it needs to be paid ASAP and that if they back out of the deal I was keeping money paid on it so my question is how long legally must I hold the vehicle before I can resell it? I live in New Hampshire and that's where the deal was going threw now this person says their a nh resident but had a Florida license

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search