Legal Question in Consumer Law in New Jersey

I have an old debt that a judgement was entered on me in 2006, they never collected it and now are trying to garnish my wages,ccan they still garnish wages in 2013? The debt was from 2000.

Asked on 8/30/13, 8:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Corbett Corbett Law Firm LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A judgment can be collected for twenty years which can be extended by court order.

See also:

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now