Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New Jersey

My sister and her boyfriend live together both in their late 40's. He opened a few charge cards in her name. He had a financial setback and did not want her to know. He charged a family vacation on the cards plus other items. She did not know the cards were opened. He made the payments on time until he missed a payment on one of the cards. Their collections dept found my sisters work number and called her. She advised them she did not open the card and found out about the others. It was done a fraud. the she found out he did it. Now she did not sign anything and prior her credit was spotless. 820 FICO. Never missed a pmt. Now is she responsible for these accounts? or can the accounts be switched to his name and his responsibility. The accounts were all closed. We also just found out he may be bipolar 2. would this factor into this? all the accounts were opened at the same time. One Doctor said this was an episode. Not sure if this matters at all.

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

She may have to file a police report against him. Call me to discuss at 732/773/2768

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms