Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

Can I file a private criminal complaint in New Jersey over a bad check?

Asked on 2/09/12, 11:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Yes, what you should do is go down to either you local police or the police from the town where the check was written and let them know that you wish to file a complaint for a bad check.

You will note that the person who issued you the check has 30 days from the date returned to make good on it- If that is not done, it is a crime in NJ-

Read more
Answered on 2/10/12, 6:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now