Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

Urinating in Public - NJ

Neptune, NJ - outside Headliner's ''bar/club'' - walking ad-hoc police officer confronted me standing by the rear of my car, opposite his clear site of vision. he wrote me a summons with a mandatory court date. I denied the action, but did not give the officer trouble and told him I would just fight it in court. the other ''good cop'' said it would be ''just a fine,'' but these are not ''real'' officers, so i assume i cannot trust their adolescent judgement. I've done research and was utterly shocked by the rumors of a possible linkage to a ''sex offender'' for public urination? Further analysis showed that such a verdict is only possible if done in broad daylight in front of children, etc., so this was after midnight on an empty street next to the establishment. do i need a lawyer? would this classification be possible? what would the fine be? i appreciate any advice one may offer.

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Urinating in Public - NJ

There is probably a 90 day maximum jail sentence. I say probably because you are probably charged with the violation of a municipal ordinance and I would need to look up the ordinance. As a first offender a jail sentence is almost out of the question and a fine is the likely outcome. If you feel you need to avoid a conviction for public urination you should hire an attorney.

Call me if you like.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

www.garymooreattorneyatlaw.com

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: Urinating in Public - NJ

I agree with Mr. Moore, I would have to look up the MO. You may not "need" an attorney so it really comes down to if you want one. I have an office in Eatontown so call me at 732/247/3340 to discuss.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey