Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. The father signed the birth certificates for both children, giving them his last name and also signed the form stating that he is the father (I'm not sure what it is called). 3 years later he took a mail order paternity test for my daughter and the results were negative ( he is not her biological father). Now a year later, after the paternity test, I am taking him to court for child support because he doesn't help at all financially with either of the kids. Will he still be required to pay child support for the child that is not his even though he signed the birth certificate and the other form? (New Jersey)

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You need to go to court and get a court order on this.

I can help. Let me know if you want me to assist you. I try very hard to keep the cost down when I help single moms like you.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey