New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/06/13, 7:01 pm

I have 2 kids, a boy and a girl. The father signed the birth certificates for both children, giving them his last name and also signed the form stating that he is the father (I'm not sure what it is called). 3 years later he took a mail order paternity test for my daughter and the results were negative ( he is not her biological father). Now a year later, after the paternity test, I am taking him to court for child support because he doesn't help at all financially with either of the kids. Will he still be required to pay child support for the child that is not his even though he signed the birth certificate and the other form? (New Jersey)

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search