Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

i had p.s.a agreement made up by an attorney. my wife and i both signed it and had it notarized 2 times. 8 months later she doesnt agree to some of the terms in this agreement now.

how legal is this document since we never went to court about anything in the p.s.a.before hand ?..........(p.s.a.)= property settlement agreement for a bed and board divorce.

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

If you have a PSA, and it was signed with a waiver of counsel and some other language indicating that the person signed it without coercion, etc., it should stand up. The next step, however, should have been the entry of same into a Final Judgment of Divorce, or, apparently in your situation, a Bed and Board Divorce. Since you indicated that an attorney prepared the PSA, you should discuss this with him/her.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. You will only be able to rely on advice from an attorney who you have actually retained. If you are no longer represented by the attorney who drafted the PSA, feel free to call me at 856-546-8010. Mention Law Guru and your first one hour consultation will be free. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

The agreement is probably enforceable.

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

get a lawyer, and get divorced. the agreement is probably good and valid.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey