New Jersey  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/04/02, 5:22 pm

Recently Amended Alimony Law

The alimony statute in New Jersey was recently amended so that the court is now permitted to award not only permanent or rehabilitative alimony but also limited duration alimony and reimbursement alimony.

I had been awarded permanent alimony in June 2000 in Somerset County, NJ. Can my ex-husband go back to court and get that changed to rehabilitative or limited duration alimony or reimbursement alimony???

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search