Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New Jersey

This is a complicated situation, but how does one go about getting a person to move out of their apartment? This person is not on a lease or any utilities, has verbally and via text said they would move out but then decide not to. This woman has threatened police, etc against the male whose name is on the lease. The woman is mentally unstable and out for blood, because the man does not want to "date" this woman. She has money, he does not, and he's been trying to get her to move for months. I have advised him to change his locks on numerous occasions, but stupidly he hasnt, because hes afraid of what she'll do.

Asked on 3/13/13, 5:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Schutz Matthew R. Schutz, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Does she have a lease with the master tenant or LL? Does she pay rent? Need to know more.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/13, 5:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now