Legal Question in Securities Law in New Jersey

Shareholder

I am the POA for my 94yr old aunt whose in a nursing home. All of my aunt's interests has complied with my POA status except one, who has not release information to me, stating the shareholder must obtain the information requested

Kevin Begley Kevin J. Begley - Attorney at Law

Re: Shareholder

I'm assuming the POA should give you authorization to her personal information. Put your request in writing, say it is your second request, tell them what the first response was, tell them you expect them to comply w/i 10 business days, or you will contact NJ Securities and the Dept. of Banking and Insurance. Add a "what are you hiding", and tell them you have no confidence that they are acting properly or being compliant, therefore, if they do not promptly respond, you will retain counsel to immediately file suit, where you will be demanding all legal fees and costs for their failure to respond to your requests.

PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING. Be reasonable, but forewarned that you can NOT trust anyone until they have proven they are entitled to your trust. Now go get them efore they steal all your aunt's money!

More Securities Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Securities Law Legal Forms