New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

if someone asked to be bought out of a will, does the executors have the ability to buy them out without going to court?

Answered on: 1/04/12, 6:25 pm by Robert Gleaner

Not quite sure what "bought out" means. Certainly if someone is entitled to some amount from the Estate, he/she can accept less to get it earlier, if that is what you mean. In any case, all of these issues can be settled outside of Court. It is extremely important to have an attorney assist you with Estate issues because they tend to be complicated and if you do something incorrectly, you may suffer an adverse financial consequence.

Keep in mind that this answer is given based on the scanty information you have provided. My answer may change based on other information. Further, you cannot rely on this answer since you have not retained me as your attorney. To be sure that you have accurate information and direction, you should consult with an attorney. Feel free to call me at 856-546-8010. Mention Law Guru and your first consultation will be "no charge". Good luck. Rob Gleaner

Robert A. Gleaner, P.C. 415 S. White Horse Pike Audubon, NJ 08106