New Jersey  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/13/13, 10:50 pm

I inherited property with two siblings one is Executrix. The Will states property is given to children "in equal parts". I have been informed that I have equitable interest as a co-owner, and tenant-in-common because I live there. The Estate Attorney sent me a letter stating property is under contract for sale and as part of contract building must be vacant by time of closing. I am staying and would like to buyout the two shares by offering a higher price. How can I stop the sale to the other buyer. I believe my approval and signature is needed to sell to another party. Do I need to file a Complaint with the Probate Court, and what is the best course of action to take ?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search