Legal Question in DUI Law in New Mexico

I was charged with open container and aggravated DUI. BAC of .31, failed to complete field test but I was parked in a parking lot when the officer knocked on my window. I've never been in trouble and I was wondering if I need an attorney and what to expect?

Asked on 5/24/11, 7:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

When one is in control of a vehicle with a BAC over .15 the charge is aggravated DWI. Serious long-term consequences will result if convicted of the charge you describe. You definitely need an experienced DWI lawyer to minimize the impact of this most serious charge. Your license, money and automobile are at stake. Seek competent legal advice at once. This is definitely not do-it-yourself.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/11, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Mexico

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now