New Mexico  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/26/09, 7:07 pm

In trying to go to an early college...

I've applied to a United World College in New Mexico (which requires a two-year contract of attendance) that starts 1 month before I turn 18. Since my parents have refused to let me go if I get accepted, is there a legal way to move out, out of Texas and without parental consent, before I turn 18, especially since it will be to a school offering a full-ride scholarship? Can I also legally sign the contract at 17 years old?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search