New York  |  Wills and Trusts

My paternal grandfather wrote/ left a will in 1987 directing that his residuary estate, "in fee simple absolute" go to his second wife (My grandmother was his first wife). After several disbursements to family members, the remainder of his estate was to go to my birth father and my grandfather's step- daughter (his second wife's daughter) in equal shares and to their "issue per stripes".

The second wife, deceased in August 2010. Her daughter (My grandfather's step-daughter) is administering the will now (she's named as my grandfather's personal representative in the will).

This step - daughter has 1 son - her issue ?

My father has been deceased for 16 years, I am his issue, correct ? Am I entitled to anything ?

(I reside in NYC. This will was written in Wash, D.C. where my grandfather and his first wife and second wives resided. The step-daughter resides in Maryland.