New York  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/20/09, 11:30 am

In September 2006 my husband and I filed a Chapter 13 banruptcy. We have paid for 36 months as agreed 300.00 per mnth through a payroll deduction order. We did not file a Chapter 7 originally because we did not qualify we were just under the line as we were told. this week we got a letter telling us our original plan is no longer feasible and they want it extended to 49 months. Obviously some type of error was made on their part. Can we convert to a Chapter 7 and if so due to their error will we get any money back?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search