Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New York

Two years ago I have purchased a home and used all my liquid money to do so. I do not have much equity in the home. To no fault but our own, my wife and I went overboard in credit card debt to somewhere between 30 and 40 thousand dollars. We are looking into the possibility of a chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The debt is overwhelming and i feel I will never catch up due to the increasing monthly payments. I have no trouble paying my mortgage or household bills just all the revolving credit card debt. What is an approximate cost of filing and is the IRS or anyone other then the credit companies notified of this. Is my Mortgage company notified. Also any suggestions other than bankruptcy would be appreciated.

simon goldenberg Law Office of Simon Goldenberg, pllc

My office helps people resolve credit card debt. I would be glad to explain to you the various options for debt relief, and the pros and cons of each. You may be able to avoid bankruptcy if you have a steady income. Click the link below to obtain my email or phone number.

Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

There are other options besides bankruptcy. However, if you are unable to pay off your credit cards debts even with other options this may create a problem.

Please feel free to contact me via telephone or e-mail to discuss your options in further detail.

My website is www.the-wooten-legal-consulting-pc.net

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty

Anderslaw Attoreys theses days charge a miminum of $750.00 for a simple chapter 7. The going rate is anywhere between $1,000 and $1,800, excluding the government filing fee of $306.00

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New York

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms