Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New York

If I got a ticket for urinating in the public & never went to my court date & let months past, what do I do? I never had any problems with the law this is my first encounter

Asked on 11/03/11, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court almost certainly entered a bench warrant. If you are stopped on a speeding violation or any of a number of other events, you will be arrested. Bail may be possible, but you'll have overnight to make a bunch of new friends. Call the court. Appear, pay the fine, and count yourself lucky you weren't cited for indecent exposure (which requires registration as a sex offender).

Read more
Answered on 11/04/11, 6:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now