New York  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/08/12, 8:34 pm

Hi, I got a trespassing summons on October 31, 2011 for being in Central Park past 1 AM. I lost the summons but I know that it is important for me to take care of it. I was wondering how to go about paying this off I can't seem to find a number or a place to go where I could get a record of the summons, and although I have searched high and low, I can't find it anywhere.

3 Answers

Answered on: 2/08/12, 8:50 pm by Jason Stern

For a summons that old, you have most likely missed your court appearance and there was a bench warrant issued for your arrest. You need to file a motion to vacate the bench warrant and then request a new hearing for the trespassing summons.

My office routinely handles matters such as this and we are usually able to resolve this without your appearance in court. Please call or email for a fee quote.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jason Stern 420 Lexington Avenue - Suite 2750 New York, NY 10170

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 2/09/12, 9:55 am by Steven Czik

Mr. Stern is correct, there is likely a warrant issued for your arrest. You can go to 346 Broadway and give them your info and appear. You should not expect jail time, but it would be recommended to have an experienced lawyer with you defending you and preserving your rights in court, in this situation it is likely that a lawyer would avoid your need to appear. It would also greatly increase the chance of lowering the charges or possible dismissal. We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and reasonable fees, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

CZIK LAW PLLC 401 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10013

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search