New York  |  Education Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/09/10, 7:54 am


I am a student at SUNY (state university of New York)

and have been informed that I cannot choose the specialization I wish to pursue for my major.

Reasons is because the specialization I want to pursue is already full.

However, given that

1. There were much more students who wanted to study a specific specialization then available spots,

2. Some select students who didnt get into the specialization program at first (because of the class being full) but later being able to put into the specialization they desired.

3. The school not giving out any official notice to students regarding the specialization selection progress, and not letting students aware that only a select amount of students were able to change their specialization.

Can I sue my school?

I have spent close to two years in hopes of studying a specific major AND specialization, and I have to spend the rest of my school year studying a specialization I do not want to study.

Any help on my legal rights would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search