Legal Question in Education Law in New York

Hi

I am a student at SUNY (state university of New York)

and have been informed that I cannot choose the specialization I wish to pursue for my major.

Reasons is because the specialization I want to pursue is already full.

However, given that

1. There were much more students who wanted to study a specific specialization then available spots,

2. Some select students who didnt get into the specialization program at first (because of the class being full) but later being able to put into the specialization they desired.

3. The school not giving out any official notice to students regarding the specialization selection progress, and not letting students aware that only a select amount of students were able to change their specialization.

Can I sue my school?

I have spent close to two years in hopes of studying a specific major AND specialization, and I have to spend the rest of my school year studying a specialization I do not want to study.

Any help on my legal rights would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

No . . . take a close look at the Student Handbook given your fist day of school and you should see what amounts to an escape clause for the school that you agreed to accept by enrolling in classes.

More Education Law questions and answers in New York