Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Child Custody

If I Got Full Custody Of A Child From The Child's Mother , Can The Biological Father Take That Away From Me Even If The Mother Don't Want To.

Asked on 1/29/07, 4:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Custody


A parent may "assign" or "grant" guardianship or custody of ONLY his/her guardianship or custody rights, to another. She/He cannot "assign" or "grant" the other parent's right to custody of his/her child/ren, to another.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/07, 6:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now