Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am divorced since 2005 and my x just keeps the legal harassment coming which has long since ceased to phase me but this is the first time I got a letter directly from his lawyer. My x is claiming I am ruining his credit by making late mortgage payments which is as ridiculous as everything else so far and the letter is claiming I have to put the house up for sale. This kind of stuff used to cause me anxiety but now its the same old thing and makes me yawn. I just thought it was unethical for x's attorney to send a letter directly to me.

Carol Ryder Law Office of Carol Ryder PC

Do you have a lawyer and if so, does the other side know? It is routine in divorce agreements, if one person is supposed to retain the right to live in the matrimonial home as long as she/he makes regular payments on time, that if the pmts are late a certain number of times, the house has to be put up for sale. Usually, they also put a fixed time on how long the other person stays on the mtg before the person residing there has to refinance in his/her name alone and if that time is not met, there is a fixed time set for putting the house on the market.

The fact that the non-resident has this mortgage on his/her credit does downgrade credit but hey, this is what was decided/agreed to. Being late is a different story, if it is true.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York