Legal Question in Family Law in New York

family case

My childrens father wants custody by accusing me of child abuse on his son.The case was unfounded but he is now accusing me and using it against me to take my children.Can I loose my children as he says?

Asked on 9/27/08, 12:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: family case

You can absolutely lose your children if your child's father can convince the court that you are abusive. I strongly suggest that you retain an attorney to help you fight for your rights.

Read more
Answered on 9/27/08, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now