Legal Question in Family Law in New York

does a father still pay child support when the child goes away to college and he is already paying 1/2 the college expense

Asked on 8/17/13, 8:37 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to look at the child support order. If the order requires you to pay child support until the child is 21 and college expenses, you have to continue to pay both. If the order is ambiguous, you may want to schedule a consultation with an attorney for guidance. It is difficult to provide an answer without first reviewing the order.

Paula J. McGill

Also licensed and practicing in New York


Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 12:08 pm
Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This depends upon the terms of your divorce agreement. However, you may be entitled to a dollar for dollar credit on room and board paid by you. You should consult with an attorney and have your divorce agreement reviewed.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now