Legal Question in Family Law in New York

can i do a paternity test if the child is ten yrs and was married to his mother at the she got pregnant,and if so would have to take care of that child regardless

Asked on 9/04/13, 1:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Provda Provda Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is not a simple answer to your question. You certainly can get a paternity with cooperation of the child's mother. Generally the courts assume that the husband is the father of the child unless proven otherwise and even sometimes if proven otherwise. You need to consult an attorney for a full answer to this question.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now