New York  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/18/10, 8:46 am

Can I rescind an affidavit I signed? Or file a motion to amend said affidavit? I signed the document 2 weeks ago and would like to change language that says "I absolutely remember," to "To the best of my ability I remember.'

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/21/10, 10:54 am by Phroska L. McAlister

A person may amend or correct their own Affidavit or statement at any time. However, if your Affidavit was prepared by your or another's attorney, you should not attempt to submit any statement or document to the Court without discussion and attorney approval in advance.

Good luck,

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

PHROSKA LEAKE McALISTER 116 West 23rd Street # 197 5th Floor New York, NY 10011

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search