Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

need a pro bono Lawyer ref:unemployment

I worked someplace 2 years ago 2 days a week while on unempllyment and did not tell. My unemploymen tat the time was 142 a week and my pay was less then 200 a week therefore it was much less then the 405. now i am collecting again and they stopped my unemployment completely. one letter says I owe 518 the other says 28 days worth. cannot get thru to unemployment to get to the bottom of this. my rate is only 213 a week so I cannot afford to pay a lawyer but need help. please if someone has a heart please help me

Asked on 7/20/09, 6:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John W. DeHaan DeHaanBusse LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: need a pro bono Lawyer ref:unemployment

My firm does not handle this type of case. You should contact your local county bar association. They maintain a list of pro bono attorneys and may be able to refer you to someone who can assist you.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/09, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now